Do you have dreams of one day owning your own business? Are you curious about how a handmade jewelry brand operates on a day-to-day basis? We are looking for our next superstar Intern to join the Eleven26 team! Our ideal candidate is someone who is enthusiastic about the fashion industry and ready to learn all about how a small business works.
ELEVEN26 is based in Atlanta, GA, and one of the latest upcoming fashion and jewelry brands. We are a fast growing and therefore we seek talented, enthusiastic interns who crave learning new skills and are looking forward to gaining some hands-on experience in a small business environment, with a prospect of becoming a part of our team long term.
What will you gain?
Internship credit if you are in school or professional development certificates to showcase your drive and desire to advance your level of learning. You will learn a ton about what it takes to keep a small business going, get to work alongside creative individuals who are passionate about what they do and get a unique opportunity to see what really happens behind the scenes at Eleven26.
Interested in photography, e-commerce or jewelry making? We are willing to mentor you in any aspect of the business that you are interested in learning more about. We also offer huge discounts on all our products, plus a few freebies mixed in now and then!
Internships are unpaid, 10-20 hours weekly (depending on the position) for a 3 month period.
Internship hours are completed in our office during operating hours, Tuesday-Friday, 10am-2pm. This internship qualifies for most local school requirements for internship coursework credit.
You must be located in Atlanta, GA. and have reliable transportation to work at our cozy office in Downtown College Park.
CREATIVE ASSISTANT INTERN | 20 hours per week | 3 months
Currently accepting applications
We are seeking a fall intern to assist in the Eleven26 Studio + Foundation. Working within a small fashion business + non-profit foundation is a varied and ever-changing environment that requires team members to be able to come up with quick solutions, execute creative decisions effectively + efficiently, and be able to go with the flow as situations change + evolve in the design and sales processes. In this manner, an internship with Eleven26 will function as a creative assistant role, and tasks will be as varied as Lakeshia herself tackles on a daily basis. This is a prime opportunity for a motivated individual to create a strong niche for themselves on the Eleven26 team and come away with a varied skill-set that will further any fashion career. Students who successfully complete the fall internship will also receive a stipend as a. Please apply with the questions below answered, as well as with online links to your portfolio + CV, links for your social media accounts, and a letter of reference.
– Assisting with written copy for web and other media promotion
– Assisting with packaging + shipping online orders
– Tackling basic design concepts such as designing fliers, postcards, etc.
– Interfacing with wholesale clients via email and preparing line-sheets, swatchbooks, and sales kits for interested parties.
– Create images and copy for regular social media promotion, including info for events, top-down IG images, work-in-progress shots, etc.
– Learn to execute event media strategies, including building Facebook events, updating website for events, and creating promotional materials for various media channels
– Assist in various studio production tasks, such as making tags, dustbags, cutting and sewing fabric linings for handbags + accessories, and finishing processes within leatherworking
– Attend shows, events, and festivals where Eleven26 is vending with its collective, Parliament; assist with sales, set-up, tear-down, and social media promotion at these events.
– Strong MS Office and Adobe Photoshop skills
– Clear + Concise communication skills in email and other professional mediums
– Basic craft + jewelry hand craft skills
– A basic understanding of popular social media platforms
– Basic photography skills for creative engaging images to be used in social media + event promotion
– Down-to-earth attitude and vibe for interacting with customers and other client interfacing at shows and the digital boutique
– A personality that thrives when taking initiative and learning new tasks in a self-directed manner
– A flexible personality that can handle an ever-changing work environment and is able to roll with the flow!
– Ability to communicate product knowledge in a friendly way to clients
– Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
– Self motivated; ability to take initiative to complete tasks quickly
– Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
– Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
SHIPPING + ONLINE SALES ASSISTANT INTERN | 12 hours per week
Currently accepting applications for a fall internship
Seeking an individual to assist in packing + shipping of orders received via online selling platforms, and to manage regular updates + maintenance of those channels. This position is 8-12 hours per week, with opportunity for growth should this individual demonstrate financial benefit for the company from the expansion of their duties.
– Cross-referencing shipping roster for marketplaces + main website with completed production for the week
– Properly tagging + packaging items utilizing company standards and appropriate packaging
– Fill-out + print postage for shipping batches
– Renewing Etsy listings; updating stock quantities on marketplaces + main website
– Uploading images of new products to marketplaces + main website and filling out new product listings + description
– Send shipping notifications emails + messages with tracking information to customers as items are shipped
If this individual shows aptitude and ability in these areas, expanded duties could include:
– Setting up additional marketplace sales channels
– Answering individual customer questions on behalf of Lakeshia
– Performing other regular web updates and maintenance, such as adding new products to website(s) and updating the events calendar
Skills this individual should have:
– Experience and skilled in Microsoft office; Shopify is a plus.
– Clear communication ability in both digital and hard media- this includes well written responses to customer inquiries and legibly written thank-you notes for packages
– Ability to operate and navigate various online sales platforms such as Etsy and Amazon
– Clear understanding of the USPS Mailing System
– Ability to learn new digital and physical systems readily- this includes adding items to Shopify, Etsy, Amazon, etc.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN | 10 hours per week
Currently accepting applications for a fall internship
Seeking an individual who understands our brand and image, and is able to take full responsibility for transferring that into social media. As a result this individual will have the freedom to create and continually manage our media campaigns.
to consult on our web + social media platforms. This includes evaluating web traffic, offering suggestions for improving SEO, fine-combing the website and other online platforms for inconsistencies + bugs, and coming up with an item-action plan of steps to take towards improving the LWD online presence. This is a freelance, consultant position- hours and pay will be determined on an as-needed basis, commensurate with experience. Duties for this position can be accomplished from home or in our studio environment; location will be determined on an individual basis. We are seeking this assistance ASAP and are available in the next two weeks to meet for discussion.
– Combing website and online sales platforms for inconsistencies in wording and policies
– Combing website for excessively large images, loading issues, and mobile compatibility problems
– Coming up with suggested strategy and best use practices for Etsy click-based advertising (theme posts, selfie campaigns, polyvore inspired posts, etc.)
– Ensuring functionality of email list capture and synching with MailChimp
– Ensuring functionality of social media links across various online channels including website, blog, etsy, and other media channels.
– Coming up with suggested actions for SEO and web-relevancy improvement
– Offering suggestions for better effectiveness in social media campaigns; this could include suggestions for best use of Facebook “Boost” promotions + entering the arena of paid Instagram marketing
– Respond to social media comments and conversations
– Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Periscope
– Ability to design media posts
– Ability to shoot quality photos and videos for posts
– Knowledge and access to photo and video enhancement tools
– Strong background in social media management + SEO, especially for small-business and the Etsy + Shopify platforms
– Understanding of click-based web-advertising models, and experience in building best-use strategies for said platforms
– Experience in social media development, and clear understanding of its importance in the small-business + handcrafted arenas
– Strong abilities in web-copy, brand-consistency online, and an eye for fine-digital details
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us an email with the following:
- Subject Line: Position Applying For
- Current resume
- Links to your social media handles (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and LinkedIn). We are a highly social and public brand, and therefore, our digital promotion is very important.
- A cover letter or introduction letter that answers ALL of the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working for a small-handcrafted company?
- How do you see yourself fitting within this particular system of values and operations?
- What previous experiences do you have working with online sales + shipping platforms?
- What are your top three priorities in a job, even a part-time one? These include company values, flexibility, pay, exposure, experience – what do you hope to gain or see as a potential outcome of this experience?
Please email the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that are missing pieces of the requested information will not be accepted. All applicants must be 18 years of age and legally able to work in the United States.